Jul 1, 2019
In this episode, I chat with Timo Henderson. Timo is a
multi-instrumentalist composer and sound designer who specialises
in music for media.
- 0:01:40 - Welcome to the podcast, Timo!
- 0:04:00 - Timo describes his studio
- 0:06:12 - On playing many musical instruments
- 0:10:30 - First experience in a recording studio
- 0:11:42 - The Purple Felts and playing the
- 0:13:10 - How Timo learns a new instrument
- 0:17:20 - The music scene in Perth, Scotland
- 0:20:48 - Timo's Left 4 Dead 2 music
- 0:25:48 - Making the Future Labs Music System Demo
- 0:28:51 - Essential tools and gear
- 0:31:44 - How Timo writes a new track
- 0:41:08 - What time of day do you write music?
- 0:42:28 - Make something every day
- 0:45:28 - Procrastination
- 0:46:44 - How do you remember your ideas?
- 0:47:38 - Originality in our work
- 0:50:27 - Metempsychosis
- 0:52:20 - What's wrong with prog?
- 0:56:30 - What's next? What's your dream project?
- 1:00:04 - On not being included in the school orchestra
- 1:04:00 - Timo's hilarious John Crinan theme tune
Selected links from this episode:
Support the podcast:
All post-production and music by Timo Henderson.